Strategy1HR are looking for an AutoCAD draftsman with a Glass, glazing, aluminium & a QBCC license to work with one of our clients in the Gold Coast Area.
Drafter responsibilities include the gathering of information, drawings and specifications, calculating material requirements and setting up the production process.
If you have experience with CAD software, are familiar with the building, manufacturing and aluminium industry and holds a QBCC "nominee" license we would like to meet with you.
- Glass, glazing and aluminium nominee license or eligible to obtain
- Experience in the glass glazing industry
- Proven work experience as a Drafter or similar role
- Experience in the building and/or aluminium manufacturing industry
- Hands-on experience with AutoCAD software
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure
- Diploma or Certificate in drafting or similar
- Liaise with builders, private customers and sales staff to gather product requirements and designs
- Liaise with procurement staff to meet material order requirements
- Calculate dimensions, weight limitations and requirements in materials
- Calculate weight limitations, design and installation requirements for glass and glazing products
- Create detailed designs/drawings with AutoCad
- Prepare and review rough sketches and review them along with the engineering requirements and product specifications
- Identify potential issues and redesign products to improve functionality
- Ensure final designs/drawings comply with regulations and quality standards
- Perform all other ad-hoc duties as needed by management
You must hold a current drivers licence and have your own reliable transport. We are currently conducting video interviews for this role if successful we will contact you.