Strategy One Human resources is looking for an experienced Purchasing officer for our client who is a very large wholesaler of marine products to come and join the team.
You will be ensuring optimal stock levels are maintained for the company's day to day operations and create good relationships with key suppliers to ensure high quality, delivery on time and continuity of supply.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage designated supplier portfolios
- Track orders. Back orders and ensure timely delivery
- Update Database system with ETA dates
- Prepare reports on purchases, supply history analysis data
- Monitor stock levels and place orders as needed
- Work closely with other departments - Product, Sales, Finance, etc
- Provide quotes to support customer enquiries
- Manager supplier documentation - invoices, proformas etc are passed onto the right departments
- Proven experience in purchasing both locally and in overseas markets
- Strong phone contact handling skills and active listening
- Good knowledge of vendor sourcing practices
Knowledge and Skills
- Proficiency in MS office suite
- Exposure to Microsoft 365 dynamics would be a plus
- Solid analytical skills - creating reports
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
If you have and questions in regards to the role please call during buisness hours monday to friday on 07 33689060
This postion is a temp to perm position.