- Permanent Position
- Professional and long term work force
- Committed to Safety and their people
Our client has been established for over 35 years and are experts in their field of Civil Engineering, specifically in concrete construction. Constantly delivering projects varying from bridge works to roadworks, drainage and structural steel, at a high standard and quality, has built them a solid reputation within the industry, resulting in landing some major projects and the need to expand on their successful, result driven and professional team. Due to the recent growth, they currently require an experienced Site Engineer to join their team immediately.
Working in conjunction with the Foreman and Project Engineer and reporting to the Project Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Creating relevant checklists and primary inspections
- Conducting regular inspections of the workplace to ensure the observance of quality, health and safety and environment standards
- Providing the Senior Foreman with information on corrective and preventative action
- Conducting safety and environmental induction training at the workplace for all new employees, visitors and sub-contractors
- Initiating Heath, Safety and Environmental audits of all workplaces within the area of control within 3 months of commencement of the project
- Ensuring all injuries, work related illnesses, dangerous occurrences and environmental incidents are investigated and recorded, and make recommendations as requirements as required
- Provide the Senior Foreman with information on corrective and preventative action
- Purchasing formwork consumables and blower value / complex permanent materials
- Maintaining lot registers and inspections and test records
- Assisting in the organisation and conduct of toolbox meetings and maintaining records of meetings including any recommendations made
- Maintaining up to date records for verification of the management of the Workplace Heath, Safety and Environment Management System
- Undertaking quality audits to ensure systems and procedures are being implemented
- Collating monthly statics and producing the monthly QSE reports
What you will need:
- Min 3 years expereince in construction of concrete structures, some experience in civil works will be advantageous
- Knowledge of OHS legislation and understanding of obligations
- An understanding of Dispute and Safety Resolution Procedures
- Experience with purchasing procedures, risk assessments and developing/reviewing work method statements
- Design review, monthly reporting and incident investigation experience
- Cert IV OHS essential
- Bachelor of Engineering essential
- Level 3 Traffic Management
- Construction White Card
- RPEQ, MIE Aust, Primavera Contractor, First Aid, Dip Env Engineering or Young Managers Development Program are all seen to be highly desired.
On offer is a salary ranging from 70K - 90K depending on experience plus a fully maintained company vehicle. A friendly and professional working environment with a long term workforce and low staff turnover, a company who are truly commitment to their people.
To apply for the role, please email a current resume and brief cover letter outlining your relevant experience to the role to email@example.com.