Production Fitter Afternoon shift
Permanent Full time, Afternoon shift, Reporting to the Production Manager and Shift Supervisor
The core role for the afternoon position is to operate the manufacturing line and to support and assist production by attending to maintenance issues such as breakdowns, mechanical faults and perform mechanical repairs in a timely manner.
Carry out scheduled PM tasks (when required), cleaning of equipment and production areas and assisting production where possible or necessary performing pre and post production tasks, including but not limited to preparing raw material, servicing production lines, operating machines, moving stock and finished goods.
Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain all mechanical aspects of the manufacturing process including but not limited to removal, installation, fitting, refurbishing, welding, lubricating, and maintaining critical maintenance documentation.
Looking for an experienced industrial maintenance fitter with the following attributes (selection criteria):
- A trade fully/partially qualified Mechanical Fitter,
- Additional electrical skills/qualifications to assist troubleshooting of electrical controls (highly desirable),
- Has experience in heavy machinery maintenance, preferably in a rubber mixing environment,
- Be a self-starter and can work well alone and in a team environment,
- Work closely with production personnel and assist where required,
- Some understanding of hydraulics/pneumatics,
- A good understanding of machine lubrication requirements,
- Proactive approach to fault finding and troubleshooting,
- Organize and plan own work where necessary,
- Contribute to continuous improvement ideas and implementation,
- Strong safety work ethics and an understanding OH&S requirement,
- Carry out scheduled preventative maintenance,
- Document maintenance activity and improvements,
- Some experience in welding (stick/mig/tig),
- Forklift license and car license are essential,
- An electrical connect/disconnect and troubleshooting certificates highly regarded,
- Prepared to be flexible on working hours when required,
Dogging/ rigging/ EWP licenses desirable but not essential
If you would like to know more about this opportunity, please APPLY now.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We thank you for your application.
Thank you and Good luck.